See our service area map here
Preparing for Your Consult
- Book your consult online, up to 1 month in advance
- After booking you’ll receive a confirmation email with instructions to download the secure client portal app (intakeQ)
- Complete your forms at least 24 hours before your appointment. Forms take about 30 minutes to complete.
- We encourage partners to join the consult.
- We recommend bringing a list of your questions or concerns.
- Consults last about 60-90 minutes.
- After the consult you’ll be sent a Care Plan through the client portal.
- After the consult we send a report to any relevant clinicians (pediatrician, OB, specialists, etc.) so that everyone is on the same page.
- Your consult includes 1 week of communication with your IBCLC (via the secure client portal) to answer questions and make adjustments to your Care Plan.
Prepare for Your In-Home Consult
- No need to clean up before we arrive.
- We take off shoes and wash hands as soon as we come in.
- We like to work wherever you usually feed baby.
- We want to see a full feeding or pumping session starting about 15-20 minutes after we arrive.
- Slightly adjust the time of the feeding that’s before your consult in order to have baby hungry during the consult.
- If baby is very hungry right before your IBCLC arrives, hold baby or wear baby in a soft carrier and walk around to keep baby calm.
- Secure pets in another room, please.
- Masks are optional for you, but your IBCLC will be wearing one.
Prepare for Your Virtual Consult
- You will be emailed instructions on submitting videos/photos through the secure client portal.
- Have any bottles/pumps/pillows/shields or other supplies you use nearby.
- It’s best if you log in from a laptop or computer, and also log in with a cell phone.
- Mute and Turn Off Video for the cell phone connection- we will only use as needed for the IBCLC to see you.